Ackerman's Fine Art offers you an honest, reliable and secure venue to sell fine art from your collection.
Click HERE to Submit Your Art
Ackerman’s is the premier gallery to sell quality fine art by world renowned-artists. Whether you choose to sell or consign, our goal is to provide you with the highest level of service and satisfaction.
Our mission is to bridge the gap between collectors of fine art, providing a safe and reliable marketplace that ads value to our customers.
Typical transactions range in value from $20,000 to $5 million.
Why Sell or Consign with Ackerman’s
- There are no out-of-pocket fees and we provide free shipping from anywhere in the world.
- All works are fully insured during the entire process at no cost to you.
- Every transaction is supported with legal documentation and payment is prompt.
- Avoid the astronomical fees of selling at auction (charged to both you and your buyer) and the disappointment of not achieving your targeted sales price.
- Avoid the disappointment of your art not selling at auction, and the long-term damage of having it permanently listed as “Not Sold” on internet databases.
- In regards to consignment, there is total transparency with regards to fees and prices achieved at time of sale. Additionally, fees are only paid after your listing is sold.
- With our reputation as a leader in delivering quality artwork, buyers have the confidence they need to make high-end purchases.
- Consignments get excellent exposure to a long list of private collectors and commercial galleries around the globe.
- Our unique and diverse marketing program gives your consignment exposure both in the United States and internationally.
- AFA guarantees the authenticity of every work, thus removing any trepidation potential buyers may have.
- We facilitate negotiations between buyers and sellers to affect a successful transaction that satisfies both parties.
- Ackerman’s provides assistance with framing and restoration if needed.
- To raise buyer confidence, buyers have the flexibility to view paintings in our NY Gallery or in the privacy of their homes (pending sellers approval).
Our selling process is simple and straightforward. For a detailed explanation please click on the “5 Steps to Sell Your Art” button.
As a service to our clients we provide authentication services. We are experts at acquiring Certificates of Authenticity (COA’s), which are often needed for European and other foreign works of art.
Guidelines for Submitting Art
Please take a moment to review these guidelines before submitting your artwork.
- Ackerman’s will only purchase or accept consignments that meet our standard for authenticity and quality.
- All works submitted for sale must be authentic and have a minimum value of $10,000.
- To simplify the authentication process, please provide images and all available documentation related to the provenance (purchase history, prior ownership, etc) of your art.
- We will only accept original artworks. In most cases we will not purchase prints (i.e, lithographs, etchings, engravings, aquatint, drypoints, mezzotints, serigraphs, etc) or any other form of reproduction.
- Please Note: Ackerman’s will assist sellers with works in need of Certificates of Authenticity (mostly European art), or for works in need of an opinion from “the” qualified expert. This service is available once a Purchase Agreement is in place. Any fees incurred by Ackerman’s during this process are deducted from the final sales price, and it is not necessary for sellers to come out-of-pocket prior to making a sale.
How We Protect You and Your Artwork in the Process
- A Purchase Agreement is issued, which is a well-defined legal document that spells out the terms of a sale and protects all parties until the sale is consummated.
- From the moment your artwork is out of your possession it is insured for its full value at no charge to you. Our insurance carrier will issue a Certificate of Insurance that insures your art should it be lost, stolen or damaged.
- Ownership does not change hands until you receive payment in full. If for any reason a sale does not take place, all artwork in question is returned at our expense.
- Sellers have the option of utilizing an escrow account with our board certified legal counsel.
Please submit images of your artwork, along with ownership history by using the form on the right. You may also contact us to arrange a consultation to sell your art: (800) 791-6509 or (914) 517-2900.
Click HERE to Submit Your Art