Home - Sell Your Art
Ackerman's Fine Art offers you an honest, reliable and secure venue to sell fine art from your collection.
Click HERE to Submit Your Art
Ackerman’s Fine Art, LLC actively acquires original works of art by well-known American and European artists from the 19th to the 21st centuries. We take great pride in offering our clients an honest, reliable and hassle free venue to sell their fine art.
Our selling process is simple and straightforward. For a detailed explanation please click on the “5 Steps to Sell Your Art” button.
As a service to our clients we provide authentication services. We are experts at acquiring Certificates of Authenticity (COA’s), which are often needed for European and other foreign works of art.
Guidelines for Submitting Art
Please take a moment to review these guidelines before submitting your artwork.
- Ackerman’s will only purchase works of art that meet our standard for authenticity and quality.
- We will only purchase original art. We do not purchase prints (i.e, lithographs, etchings, engravings, aquatint, drypoints, mezzotints, serigraphs, etc) or any other form of reproduction.
- All works submitted for sale must be authentic. Please provide images and all available documentation related to the provenance (purchase history, prior ownership, etc) of your art, in order to simplify the authentication process.
- Please Note: Ackerman’s will assist sellers with works in need of Certificates of Authenticity (mostly European art), or for works in need of an opinion from “the” qualified expert. This service is available once a Purchase Agreement is in place. Any fees incurred by Ackerman’s during this process are deducted from the final sales price, and it is not necessary for sellers to come out-of-pocket prior to making a sale.
How We Protect You and Your Artwork in the Process
- We provide a Purchase Agreement, which is a well-defined legal document that spells out the terms of a sale and protects all parties until the sale is consummated.
- At no extra charge, Ackerman’s protects your artwork for its full purchase price from the moment it is shipped. Our insurance carrier will issue you a Certificate of Insurance that insures your art should it be lost, stolen or damaged.
- Even though you have shipped us your art, it still remains your property. Ownership does not change hands until you receive payment in full. If for any reason a sale does not take place, all artwork in question is returned at our expense.
- Ackerman’s provides free shipping from anywhere in the U.S. and we are happy to provide you with assistance in shipping your art.
- Ackerman’s offers sellers the option of utilizing an escrow account with our board certified legal counsel. We will fund the escrow account for the full value of your art prior to its being shipped. Funds are immediately wired once the work is received and approved.
Please submit images of your artwork, along with ownership history by using the form on the right. You may also contact us to arrange a consultation to sell your art: (800) 791-6509 or (914) 517-2900.
Click HERE to Submit Your Art